- Over 2 million people have signed up. Join the Revolution.
- Born without a funny bone? Sign up and get a free implant!
- Tell a joke. Did it bomb? Don’t lie. It’s okay…we can help.
- Quick! Sign up now, before anyone finds out!
- Sign Up! Sign Up! Sign Up! Sign Up! Sign Up! Sign Up! Sign Up!
29 Off-the-wall Reasons To Get In Better Shape
By Brad Howard
Establishing clear expectations while working out often can be the difference between success and failure. Too many people try to do too much and get frustrated. Instead of “lasering” in on a few great strategies, they try to do as many things as possible. As they say, “Jack of all trades, master of none” applies here.
To help renew your spirits on why proper diet and exercise is important for the New Year, I’ve compiled a somewhat comical list. See how many apply to you:
• Because it costs you (or your loved ones) over 5 million pennies in future health care if you aren’t.
• Because feeling better tomorrow starts today.
• Because torture is a bad persuasion technique.
• Because studies show that fit people make more money.
• Because if you don’t, you suck.
• Because movie stars do it.
• Because performers do it.
• Because everyone that is cool in your life, does it.
• Because you CAN commit 1.5 hrs/wk out of 176.
• Because avoiding a wheelchair is a good thing.
• Because hugs are better when you can actually wrap your arms around someone.
• Because your kids really don’t want to put you in a rest home.
• Because no matter what you keep telling yourself, thick is not sexy.
• Because feeling grandpa’s muscles at Thanksgiving can be a yearly ritual.
• Because cottage cheese is for fruit.
• Because squeezing into a size 6 means you’re not a size 6.
• Because love making is much more fun without the extra rolls.
• Because being able to see your toes……hmmmm.
• Because bigger clothes cost more money.
• Because shopping for smaller clothes raises spirits.
• Because hitting the State Fair and observing everyone shouldn’t be the only thing that puts a smile on your face.
• Because having the woman in your life open a stuck jar of pickles for you is embarrassing.
• Because no matter what anyone says, women are always in competition with each other. You do want to win, right?.
• Because you had to ask your 10 year old son to take out the trash…..after all you couldn’t lift it.
• Because beer makes everyone else look better while making you look worse.
• Because weight training makes you look better while making everyone else looks worse (see competition in women).
• Because yelling at the gym is a lot better than yelling at work (unless you are a cheerleader).
• Because “Shut your mouth or I’ll kick your ___,” now actually has meaning.
• Because being told you look 40 when you are actually 60 does something strange to self confidence.
Again, make sure to renew your sense of self worth this holiday season and strive to become a healthier you. Great information is always key but watch out for the dreaded “information overload.” Get equipped and make ’07 the best year of your life.
Brad Howard knows "The Secret" to getting in shape. And...it's not what you think. If you'd like to know the difference between success and failure, you'll go to The Mind Over Body Matter Letter